Looking to buy a home? Get the plumbing inspected before you do!
A good plumber inspecting your house can save a new homeowner a great deal of money in the long run. Plumbing is used for countless daily tasks, from showering and cooking to cleaning and gardening. Small problems can easily become big ones and cause damage to your house if not addressed quickly. A good plumber can see problems coming before they occur and fix mistakes before they cost you too much money. This is why a plumbing inspection is essential.
There are several important things a plumber should check for.
- Inspecting work done: New homeowners should always have the work checked that was previously done on the plumbing. You don’t know if the previous owners cut some corners or hired the wrong person.
- Check for leaks: A plumber can check for small leaks you might not notice. Water damage can build up over time from the smallest of problems and cost a lot more money to fix then if it had been caught earlier.
- Check for insulation: If your new house is someplace that’s not known for cold winters, the previous owners might have decided to skip the insulation and save a buck or two. You never know when temperatures will unexpectedly drop and pipes will freeze, causing massive water damage. A plumber can tell you if this is something you have to worry about.
- Examine the hot water heater: A plumber can check the water heater to see if there are any problems building up. That way you don’t have to worry about it breaking halfway through your shower.
- Estimates: If the house already has some water damage, such as cracked paint or warped floors, a plumber can give you an idea on how much the repair work will cost.
When looking for a new plumber to do the inspection, it’s always a good idea to do plenty of research. Look online for reviews, check if there have been any complaints filed against them, almost make sure they’re officially licensed, and ask about their guarantees. Plumbing plays a huge part in your quality of life and the condition of your home. You don’t want to cut any corners with it. Having your new home inspected can make a huge difference in the long run.
Looking to buy a home in the Little Rock area? Call Arrow Plumbing at (501) 753-3838 and get the plumbing inspected before you do!